With higher balances, the opportunities to earn continue to increase.
Kearny Bank’s Tiered Money Market Plus account offers higher interest rates across higher balances than our Tiered Money Market account. Earning even more interest as your balance continues to grow, this flexible, convenient investment tool is made to help you meet your changing financial goals.
This account’s interest is earned only on the portion of the total balance within each tier. As a result, there are a range of APYs for the middle tiers. The dollars of interest earned annually and the corresponding APYs based on the current rates are listed below.
- How are your APYs calculated?
- For Tier 1, you earn no dollars in interest annually, so the APY is 0.00%
- For Tier 2, you may earn as little as $0.01 in interest annually (for a balance of $100,000.00) or as much as $1,100.01 of interest annually (for a balance of $199,999.99). As a result, the APY will range from 0.00% to 0.55%.
- Why? Because there is no interest earned for the first $99,999.99, you may only earn interest on the additional $99,999.99 in that range, not the total balance of $199,999.99. This will also affect the next tier.
- For Tier 3, you may earn as little as $1,100.01 in interest annually (for a balance of $200,000.01 or as much as $13,100.01 of interest annually (for a balance of $999,999.99). As a result, the APY will range from 0.55% to 1.31%.
- Tier 4 has only one APY as it is calculated using the maximum balance to show the dollars of interest that can be earned for the top tier. In this case a $5,000,000.00 balance may earn $93,100.01 annually.
- Note that the APY is still lower than the interest rate as you are not earning any interest on the first $99,999.99 of your balance
- Fees could reduce earnings
- Maximum allowable account balance is $5,000,000 Account can only be opened with funds from outside Kearny Bank (new money only)
- Kearny Bank reserves the right to limit or return balances
- Transaction limits as set by law apply
|Tier||Dollar tiers||Interest Rate||Interest Earned Annually for Each Tier||Total Interest Earned Annually||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)|
$0.01 - $99,999.99
|Tier 2||$100,000.00 - $199,999.99||1.10%||$0.01 - $1,100.01||$0.01 - $1,100.01||0.00% - 0.55%|
|Tier 3||$200,000.00 - $999,999.99||1.50%||$1,100.01 - $12,000.00||$1,100.01 - $13,100.01||0.55% - 1.31%|
|Tier 4||$1,000,000.00 - $5,000,000.00||2.00%||up to $80,000.00||up to $93,100.01||1.86%|
The Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) are effective 12/24/2019 and are subject to change without notice.
Make personal banking more personally rewarding. Add GenGold Advantage to your Kearny Bank personal money market account for a small monthly fee and save time and money with discounts and rewards on travel, online shopping, health care, fraud security and more.
Use your ATM card at any of our convenient locations or at any Accel machine operated by another institution. At Kearny Bank ATMs, obtain inquiries, make deposits or withdrawals, or transfer money between linked accounts at any time of day.
Kearny Bank Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard to make everyday purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted, and purchase payments will be deducted directly from your account. Your card can also be used at any ATM to get cash, check balances or make transfers.
SecureAlerts: Establish alerts for instant access to purchase activity. Alerts can be set via our mobile app or Online Banking.
Mobile Wallet: Add your Kearny Bank Debit Mastercard to your mobile wallet for faster purchases in-store, online and in-app.
Customized Usage Control: Reduce debit card fraud, set spending limits, monitor and manage your card through our mobile app.
Kearny Bank Rewards: Use your Debit Mastercard for purchases and earn FREE rewards. The more you use your debit card, the more points you earn. Learn More.
Stay in control of your debit card with CardValet. Turn your debit card on or off from the CardValet mobile app and have peace of mind that your account is protected.
See details about your account, set alert preferences, allow and limit transactions based on your geographical location, limit card usage based on merchant type and establish spending limits.
Important Information for Our Clients
Be on the lookout for ATM skimming. Skimming occurs when criminals attach electronic devices to the card slots of ATMs to capture card numbers and personal identification numbers (PINs).
At Kearny Bank, we strongly encourage our ATM cardholders should periodically change their PINs to protect against fraudulent use of captured card numbers and PINs. You can easily change your PIN by calling 800-992-3808 at any time, day or night.
Overdraft Protection Options
Anyone can make a mistake. With Kearny Bank’s automatic transfer program you can avoid bounced checks and associated overdraft fees by linking your Kearny Bank savings account to your money market account. In the event you are overdrawn funds will be automatically withdrawn from savings. There is no fee unless a transfer occurs.
Line of Credit
You can also protect yourself from insufficient fund fees by applying for a line of credit and linking it to your money market account. If your money market account is ever overdrawn, the line of credit will automatically kick in to cover any checks up to your line limit. Interest is not charged until this convenient feature is used.