Make your business checking account pay you.
With greater cash flow needs come higher balance checking accounts. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be earning interest on your money.
Open a Tiered Business Checking Account with an initial deposit of $1,000, and you’ll earn interest on balances of $50,000 or more.
- Here is how your APYs are calculated.
- For Tier 1, you earn no dollars in interest annually, so the APY is 0.00%.
- For Tier 2, you may earn as little as $0.01 in interest annually (for a balance of $50,000.00) or as much as $100.02 of interest annually (for a balance of $249,999.99). As a result, the APY will range from 0.00% to 0.04%.
- Why? Because there is no interest earned for the first $49,999.99, you may only earn interest on the additional $199,999.99 in that range, not the total balance of $249,999.99. This will also affect the next tier.
- For Tier 3, you may earn as little as $100.02 in interest annually (for a balance of $250,000.00) or as much as $475.12 of interest annually (for a balance of $999,999.99). As a result, the APY will range from 0.04% to 0.05%.
- For Tier 4 you may earn as little as $475.12 in interest annually (for a balance of $999,999.99). For the top of the APY range, we used a $2,500,000.00 estimated balance, which may earn $1,225.31 annually. As a result, the APY will range from 0.05% to 0.05%.
Have automated payments pulling from old accounts? Consolidate to one account today! Get started with ClickSWITCH today.
|TIER||DOLLAR TIERS||INTEREST RATE||INTEREST EARNED ANNUALLY FOR EACH TIER||TOTAL INTEREST EARNED ANNUALLY||ANNUAL PERCENTAGE YIELD (APY)|
|1||UP TO $49,999.99||0.00||$0.00||$0.00||0.00|
|2||$50,000 - $249,999.99||0.05||$0.01 - $100.02||$0.01 - $100.02||0.00 - 0.04|
|3||$250,000 - $999,999.99||0.05||$100.02 - $375.09||$100.02 - $475.12||0.04 - 0.05|
|4||$1,000,000+||0.05||UP TO $750.19||UP TO $1,225.31||0.05 - 0.05|
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of 11/12/2021.
Kearny Bank Business Debit Mastercard®
Use your Kearny Bank Business Debit Mastercard to make everyday purchases wherever you see the Mastercard logo, and purchase payments will be deducted directly from your Kearny Bank business checking account. Your card can also be used at any ATM to get cash, check balances or make transfers.
SecureAlerts: Establish alerts for instant access to purchase activity. Alerts can be set via our mobile app or online banking.
Digital Wallet: Add your Kearny Bank Debit Mastercard to your digital wallet for faster purchases in-store, online and in-app.
Customized Usage Control: Reduce debit card fraud, set spending limits, monitor and manage your card through our mobile app.
Kearny Bank Rewards: use your Business Debit Mastercard for purchases and earn FREE rewards. The more you use your debit card, the more points you earn. Learn More.
Stay in control of your business debit card with CardValet. Turn your business debit card on or off from the CardValet mobile app and have peace of mind that your account is protected.
See details about your account, set alert preferences, allow and limit transactions based on your geographical location, limit card usage based on merchant type and establish spending limits.
Important Information for Our Clients
Be on the lookout for ATM skimming. Skimming occurs when criminals attach electronic devices to the card slots of ATMs to capture card numbers and personal identification numbers (PINs).
At Kearny Bank, we strongly encourage our ATM cardholders to periodically change their PINs to protect against fraudulent use of captured card numbers and PINs. You can easily change your PIN by calling 800-992-3808 at any time, day or night.
Overdraft Protection Options
Anyone can make a mistake. With Kearny Bank’s automatic transfer program you'll avoid the embarrassment of bounced checks and associated overdraft fees. Link a Kearny Bank savings account to your checking account and funds are automatically withdrawn from your savings account in the event you are overdrawn. There is no fee unless a transfer occurs.
Line of Credit
You can also protect yourself from insufficient funds fees by applying for a line of credit and linking it to your checking account. If your checking account is ever overdrawn, the line of credit will automatically kick in to cover any checks. Interest is not charged until this convenient feature is used.
Courtesy Pay is a discretionary service we offer to cover your overdrafts. Based on account history and past performance, we may honor the payment of automated clearing house (ACH) debits and checks responsible for causing an overdrawn account balance.
Other considerations include:
- Age of account
- Other account balances
- Regularity of deposits
- Previous overdraft activity
- Status of any legal or administrative order or levy
- Status of loan obligations to Kearny Bank
We may charge a $36 fee each time the same paper or electronic item is submitted or resubmitted for payment; therefore, you may be assessed more than one fee as a result of the same item being presented for payment more than once against non-sufficient or unavailable funds. If the overdraft remains unpaid after the 5th business day, a $7 fee will be charged each day.
The amount of any overdrafts, including our fees, are due and payable immediately. We retain full discretion to refuse to pay any overdraft for any reason. Our Courtesy Pay policy is to pay items according to dollar amount, starting with the smallest (low to high). Overdrafts will be paid for the following types of transactions:
- Inclearing checks
- ACH or recurring transactions made using your checking account number, like health club dues, insurance premiums, etc.
Courtesy Pay may be extended to include ATM withdrawals and debit card transactions, also known as the Regulation E option. Please opt-in for the Regulation E option to be activated by contacting us at 800-273-3406.
Clients may opt-out of this discretionary overdraft payment program at any time by contacting us at 800-273-3406.